View Single Post
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Prissnboot

Default A shout out to my quilt guild

I would like to brag about the Kingwood AreaQuilt Guild in Kingwood, Texas.

Keith Field heads up an org called www.servingproject.org This org transports disabled veterans to medical facilities by a renovated bus which meets ADA standards, even the bathroom which imcludes a jetted tub with hadheld showerhead and a self cleaning toilet. The main travel area has a 14'quilt on the ceiling which includes a purple heart design, and almost exact copies of the service ribbons as wellas some pow/mia fabric thrown in. Amazing as this quiltwas tho, that is not the reason Im writing.

Keith brought his bus both to our temple and to our churcj, and he mentioned that lap quilts or blankets were always in need, so in addition to making one mysdlf, I asked the quilt guild if they would be able to donate a few. Boy, did they come through in high style! 42 quilts they brought. I was so surprised! But this jusy confirms the generosity inherent in a quilter, in my opinion. Thank you all who open your hearts to those unknown, especially those who put their lives out there for all those unknown to them.

I know that most all quilt guilds donate charity quilts and on behalv of the recipients I say thank you!!!