Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A shout out to my quilt guild >

A shout out to my quilt guild

A shout out to my quilt guild

Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 AM

Default A shout out to my quilt guild

I would like to brag about the Kingwood AreaQuilt Guild in Kingwood, Texas.

Keith Field heads up an org called www.servingproject.org This org transports disabled veterans to medical facilities by a renovated bus which meets ADA standards, even the bathroom which imcludes a jetted tub with hadheld showerhead and a self cleaning toilet. The main travel area has a 14'quilt on the ceiling which includes a purple heart design, and almost exact copies of the service ribbons as wellas some pow/mia fabric thrown in. Amazing as this quiltwas tho, that is not the reason Im writing.

Keith brought his bus both to our temple and to our churcj, and he mentioned that lap quilts or blankets were always in need, so in addition to making one mysdlf, I asked the quilt guild if they would be able to donate a few. Boy, did they come through in high style! 42 quilts they brought. I was so surprised! But this jusy confirms the generosity inherent in a quilter, in my opinion. Thank you all who open your hearts to those unknown, especially those who put their lives out there for all those unknown to them.

I know that most all quilt guilds donate charity quilts and on behalv of the recipients I say thank you!!!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:05 PM

God Bless your guild. What a wonderful response to such a good cause. Quilters are some of the kindest, good-hearted people on earth. I'm so glad I joined this board online as I have found some wonderful and good people here, always ready to help anyone and to share tips with some of us who are not so talented (like me...) Thank you for sharing your story with us and a big (((((((HUG)))))) to your Kingswood Guild.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:22 PM

That was a heart warming post. Glad your guild is so loving and carring