View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 04:38 AM
damaquilts

Originally Posted by SDSam View Post
There are so many ways people choose to organize their "things" in the sewing/quilt studio. For me,it has worked best to put all those things where I use them. The bias makers, bias bars, ham, seam roll, etc. are with everything I use for pressing. Whateve I use when sitting at the sewing machine is in that area. Hand sewing items and magazines are by the rocker. Designing tools by the computer. The idea is to place things where you would most like to have them handy. It will not match anyone else's ideal organization but be your very own!

I love to sew clothes as well as quilt tops. Fabric trims, zippers, ribbons, elastic, lace, rick rack, glitz items, etc. are all boxed together by color. Black, white, cream, navy blue, and multi are my boxes. When I need a particular item, I can tell at once by going to the color I need. If it's not in the box, I don't have it. Has really simplified my sewing area and my mind..... ;-)

Wanna come to my house. LOL My room could use a little OCD..
I have stuff for sewing clothes and now i want to make my own patterns. (more stuffs) And I collect things here and there for art quilts I am going to make "someday" Every once in awhile I do other crafty things like paint small furniture pieces or boxes, make shadow boxes. etc.. It acumulates for sure
. And I have to keep it all in one 12x12 room with one wall of closets and one wall of windows .. And vents in the floor.. Those vents totally get in my way..