View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 10:05 AM
KSue

I tried to get some more white bookshelves at the time, but could only find black. Maybe I should paint them. It does appear to be helping with me folding the fabric on the comic boards. The room also serves as my office, thus the filing cabinets and I also work on genealogy in there. I have thought about rearranging the room but am limited because I only have power on two walls. But I will get it organized one of these days. Thanks for the encouragement. and advice..
Originally Posted by leighway View Post
Believe it or not, you don't have enough storage space which is why boxes are piled on boxes. There's nowhere to put anything. Mismatched bookcases don't help...it's more confusion added to the picture.
One thing that might help is for you to buy two small dressers about 30" high and place a long finished piece of plywood across the top. Pad that plywood with batting, pick out some fabric you LOVE and cover the batting with that. Staple in place. You now have a long surface where you can iron, lay things out and store projects in the drawers below.
Also, go to Walmart and buy boxes that are about 2 " deep and about 12 or 13 " long. I think they sell for about $3.99 each. Use one for each project you're working on and then stack them on a bookshelf on top of one another for your UFO stack. Just some thoughts...