View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 08:10 AM
kathy

Originally Posted by Jratcliff View Post
That is exactly what I did. Actually, I called the company and the gentleman there suggested the tape. He said they quit using the black bands that came with mine and are now sending tiny o rings. He did say you can't get the correct size at any store so he offered to send a package. No charge even. It just amazes me that he is always ready and willing to answer questions and to be of great service.

Another question:
On the frame, the machine slides or rolls over 2 rails. For the most part, mine glides very smoothly, easily. What I have noticed is, at one point there is a very slight depression as if something heavy was laid on the rail. I can barely feel it when I run a finger over it, but it is enough to cause the machine to catch and then sort of jump over the spot. I can't do smooth quilting in that area. Does anyone know of any way to repair the spot? Maybe a hairdryer would be enough but not too much heat to cause the area to expand a touch?
is it the brown plastic pieces? I think most of us have had trouble with those spliting and causing trouble, you can replace them with 1/4" stainless steel rods
are you positive that your whole table/frame is level? it doesn't take much to be an issue with control