Old 06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
irishrose

I bought a Necchi for $27 at SA in Traverse City last year. When I got it home, I couldn't find the foot controller. Duh, it has a knee controller. I really like it. The machine has been the base for a homemade ironing table, so when the 301 blew her plug, it was my last choice to try, but[ATTACH=CONFIG]341842[/ATTACH] lo and behold, it FMQs. It has a VN logo, not just the N, so it predates 1950. Nice solid machine, though screwy to thread. Except for the threading, it reminds me of my Elna. Both sew quietly with a strong seam. The Elna can't quilt, though.

The quilting is done unless I decide to add more to the border. This daughter likes heavier quilting than I do. Now off to cut strips for a two color binding - another first.

Turkey loaf with a southwest flavor is in the oven. It smells so good. Also some sweet potatoes. G can make salad when she gets home. She returned in a good mood, but almost lost it when I wouldn't sew the label on her pillow for her. She is off to the playground with cousins now. It's cold to go in the lake.
Attached Thumbnails 100_0212.jpg