View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 01:31 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

I sent mike a pm on what I found when I got my 15, yes very confusing, I read and read about threading some site say the needle threads left to right , then I find it has to do with where the needle bar thread guide faces,,, on the left side it threads left to right on the front it threads front to rear, which make sense,, lining the thread with the long groove in the needle, that diagram above look like front to rear to me ??

even more confusion I ran my # ( ah 695457 ) found it's a 15 - 96 from 1954 ?? there's no model tag , today ran it again it comes up a 1948 15 - 91 ?? this has a potted motor ( don't have a clue what it's 15 - something singer ) I also have a 201, these potted motor machines are very low power ,, they do not do well on heavy fabric's, Both of these have one steel gear and one fiber gear ,,, silver is steel, red is a fiber

The bobbin case, I had the same problem with this 15, I finally took the bobbin case apart is was clean but sticky, the latch was not sliding all the way in and only locking half way..

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 06-14-2012 at 01:34 PM.