Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 PM
irishrose

Major snacking day here today, but my stressor has gone home so tomorrow I can jump back on the wagon. She finished the pillow for her father and cut out one for her stepfather (my son) to sew at home. That should be interesting as her mother doesn't sew a stitch and my son is on the road. I wish her success. She needs some successes in her life.

We had our salad luncheon honoring the 80 year olds in our women's group today. It's amazing how many people consider some canned fruit, cool whip and ? a salad. I made a huge bowl of chicken salad and it disappeared. Baked chicken, grapes, pineapple, celery, walnuts and light miracle whip/light mayo. So good. My other favorite is a broccoli/bacon one. The sweet ones, not so much.

I need to straighten up my sewing room - used to be the family room - and do some work in there tonight. Tomorrow I will weed, feed and mulch the rose garden. Poor things are blooming very nicely and haven't been cared for yet. I still say I need a house husband - then I could concentrate on sewing, gardening and fun cooking.

meanmom, my daughter likes her high end Electrolux appliances. Her stove is gas - propane in the sticks. I haven't used her stove, but love how easily the shelves slide in and out. The extra oven under the regular one is great for holidays. She bought scratch and dents (minor) for about half price.

everose, you have my unending admiration. 5 days with a teen with emotional problems must be like your life all the time, but G went home. Tomorrow she goes to her father's if he doesn't cancel on her which happens constantly. Tuesday night I could hear her out on the patio swing relaxing by my little fountain while chattering and laughing on the phone. I couldn't hear the conversation, just the tone. When I asked later who was talking to, "Dan, he lets me call him anytime." She's not allowed to call her birth father. Thank God for my sweet Daniel.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Eat clean, exercise and drink your water.