View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 12:30 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

I played with mine during the day,,, and again tonight ,, I hope problem solved... teh pic he posted and the diagram are right ,, around the tensoiner over the hook and down to the spring then take up lever..
once again I took teh bobbin area apart down to removing the cast iron part that the hook rides in...

now you can see the loop form very well. most of the loop is on the left side ? outside, Hmm the hook is on the left side of the needle...

we know the cut out on the needle is there for the hook to past by on some machines.. ( one needle fits many ) .

we read here to put the flat side the needle on the right side / machine side , which also puts that cut out on the right side... but the cut out goes on the hook side ?? Ido and watch the loop form and twist side ways as the needle goes up.. so I turn the needle so that cut is facing teh hook, now the loop forms and stays open.

Isew and bingo she's working good BUT still at time I get a slight balling at the start if I don't pull the tails... if I raise the foot set teh pacth and go there's no balling .. I never had a ball in the run.

That needle in this machine has to go in with the flat to the outside, left ..putting the cut out facing the hook..

The 8 layers of T shirt were a piece of cake, it never missed in 5 pass or balled,

Ok taht was fun , now back to threading a new home LOL

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 06-16-2012 at 12:33 AM.