View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 07:23 PM
DogHouseMom

Default All in a day's work

Whew!! It's 10:13 and I don't think I've ever spent this long in the sewing room!!

Woke up early and got the house cleaned. Yeah ... I like having that "off my back" so I don't have to stop what I want to be doing to do something I should be doing. Plus ... the quilt shop didn't open until 9:00 AM so I had a few hours to kill!!

Went the LQS to buy supplies for THREE projects. One I've been working on, and two new ones.

I bought some different homespuns for the baby quilt I'm working on (still in the piecing stage, the homespuns are for the applique stage).

Felt, white Kona cotton, and a few other "essentials" for a needle case (I'm in the needle case swap here on QB).

I wanted a Jelly Roll for a chemo quilt, but they didn't have any Jelly Rolls that I liked and I'm skeptical about pre-cuts anyway as I'm a dedicated pre-washer - and this "Jelly Roll Race" quilt will have an applique on it and that fabric MUST be pre-washed - so I didn't want to mix un-washed with washed and risk uneven shrinkage. So I bought 8 different fabric in 1/2 yard and 3/4 yard cuts. I also bought the black fabric for the applique.

Came home and laundered my new fabric.

Most of the design for the needle case was in my head already, so I played around a little, searched the net for ideas and completed my needle case today.

I then set to work starching and ironing the 8 pieces of fabric for the chemo quilt (4.5 yards) and got it all cut into 2.5" strips!!! It's all ready for me to start sewing tomorrow.

whew!!

I can't show you my needle case because our swap partners are a secret until they are delivered, but here is the result of my Jelly Roll strips.
Attached Thumbnails strips-resized.jpg