View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 07:08 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
the black applique will be a life size silhouette of a woman standing in a sexy pose with one hand on her head. I will applique the words "I'm too sexy for my hair".

Maria (the chemo patient) is remarkably good humored about her condition and our first conversation after she was diagnosed was about losing her hair and the funny wigs she is going to buy. Strangely enough (and I didn't know this until I woke up this morning and saw the pic's on FB) she had a big "hair cutting" party last night with all kinds of pink food and she cut her long locks into a short spikey cut. I would have loved to have had the quilt delivered (she's in CA) to her for that party!

She just had her first chemo treatment this past Wednesday, she's got a long ride ahead of her. They're doing chemo first, then a double masectomy (double is her choice - she said "tits are like tires, you have to replace them in pairs or you drive wonky").
Gotta love this woman already ... and you too, for making this special quilt for her.

There'll be some pretty blue times ahead for her and your quilt arrive to bring a bit of sunshine!
She'll need it more then ... than now, when she's just starting this journey.

As always, I'll be looking forward to seeing the results ... maybe show us WIP pics?
puhleeeeeeeeease?

P.S. ... and good for you for skipping the pinks and the ribbon logo. IMHO C-victims do not need those reminders, as they work their way thru to becoming C-survivors!