View Single Post
Old 06-17-2012, 07:45 AM
liese

I've had osteo-arthritis in my left knee and in my feet. My right ankle was surgically fused about 15 years ago and the arthritis in both feet is awful! My left knee suffered because of all of this. I've tried almost everything -- but I have found the best so far to be Glucosamine Sulfate with Condroitin in tablets (2 a day), along with a dr prescribed Voltaren and now recently added acupuncture to it. The acupuncture, if done in conjunction with a physical therapy office or dr, is covered by insurance -- so I only have to pay the $20 co-pay each treatment. I can say I can actually feel the pain leave my body when I have a treatment! There are some things that really affect arthritis and make it worse like humidity, eating too much acidic food like tomatoes, and alcohol -- (that kills me especially since I enjoy a couple of glasses of wine on a Friday night after a long week of work).
I hope some of this helps all of you. The acupuncture is absolutely painless, treatment lasts a little over an hour, and if you can relax yourself to a state of sleep -- you get the best treatment.
Good luck!