View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 07:05 AM
Pat G

Default First shpg trip to joann's

After reading & laughing at JulieofNM story about not needing JoAnn's anymore I just had to share my experience at JAs with you.

My 5 yr. old granddaughter, Kayla, spent her first overnight stay with me this wk. (another story). Since I'm having an "all grandkids" birthday party Sat. I wanted to make a cpl. of tableclothes for outdoor tables. We went to JAs, grabbed a cart & started going through bolts of fabric. She'd see something she liked so I told her to pull the bolt out & we'd look at it. I'd unfold it a cpl. of folds & ck. it out. She became curious about the wrong sides so we'd ck. that out. Then since she seemed so interested we started cking out the different feel of fabrics so we felt the "smooth" stuff & knew it was cotton. The "fluffy" stuff was flannel & the "cushy" stuff was fleece. So it became a challenge as we traveled through the store to see if she could remember all of that.

That night after getting home, I cut the fabric & folded up the hems. She was very interested in the sew.mach. so I showed her how everything works. She was so interested that my heart just swelled. She's going to be sewing before long.

She & her bro. call me "fishin' Grandma" since their dad has brought them out to my lake to fish since they were in diapers. It's amazing how much we can love our g-kids.

Kayla & Michael's fishin' g-ma.

Pat