View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Havplenty

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
I probably should have said - I've looked on Amazon several times and browsed a little at the local book store but the problem is that there are SO MANY choices! I can't buy them all - I'm trying to get a feel for if there are 1 or 2 "favorites".

Looks like there are at least 2 or 3 I should give a second (third, fourth) look at!
i purchased 5,500 Quilt Block Designs by Maggie Malone from amazon as my source. i got it for a good price and it is all color illustrated. you will find in your search that traditional blocks go by more than one name. the above reference book did list the various names of a particular block. i also bought 99 modern quilt blocks book.

good luck with your purchase decision. and know for as many quilters as there are, there is the potential to have that many book recommendations. the resources are almost endless so ultimately if you can go to a bookstore or browse online and see what may appeal to you and get it. you may end up with several books but they will go into your library and not be wasted.