Old 06-19-2012, 01:41 PM
BuzzinBumble

Default "The Night of the Flying Monkeys"

LOL! You must have been laughing about those beach balls. The graduation theory makes a lot of sense.

We had an experience one time on the NYS thruway which we always call "The Night of the Flying Monkeys". It was dark and pouring down rain. I was driving with the windshield wipers on full speed and my DH was in the passenger seat. All of a sudden A Monkey pressed his face against the windshield and then was gone. We both screamed. And then it happened again. That time we realized it was a stuffed toy. We kept hitting monkeys and we coud see in the headlights that there were monkeys bouncing all along the highway. A few miles further down the road a truck was pulled over with an open back end and large and empty ripped up open box... no more monkeys jumpin on the road bed after that!

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
Too bad we can have a few fat 1/4 's on the loose!
What a "Hip Hip Hooray!" that would be Lori!

Peckish your MIL sounds like she keeps you on your toes! My grandmother was like that. We were on a road trip with her to Atlanta once, on back mountain roads and my sister and could not figure out why this carload of old guys kept passing us, then slowing down and ogling us. That went on for miles and miles. It was Grandma of course - we finally caught her in the act. She was in the back seat vamping and making eyes at them every time they slowed down. Lord how I miss her!