Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by mldulac View Post
Thank you all for replying. I guess I'll do a potholder or something small and try washing it after. I hope it softens up, because I found I am not very good at folding the seams under. Thanks again.
Also I hope its not considered cheating, but I used oil pastels to give some areas shading??
When I have to press seams under, to applique, I do it the easy way! You can use the Heat & Bond Lite or if you don't want the fusible, you can use freezer paper. Just trace and cut your shape, from the paper. Place it onto the wrong side of a piece of fabric and press (for freezer paper, put the shiny side against the fabric). Now cut the fabric around the shape, leaving about 1/4" - 3/8" extra. Clip any curved areas, ALMOST to the paper (leave at least a few threads' width, uncut). With the paper side down, CAREFULLY use the tip of your iron, to fold/press the edge of the fabric, over onto the paper. Press well (but do NOT slide the iron around on it!). If you use freezer wrap, peel off the paper, right before you begin stitching. If you use the fusible, just press the entire thing to background fabric, then applique around edges.