Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 AM
JoyjoyMarie

I have enjoyed reading all these comments about washing machines. I got a used Kenmore out of the want ads in 1972 that lasted me 14 years - who knows how old it was when I bought it. Then I got a top of the line Maytag in 1984, and haven't looked back. It's 28 years old now, knock on wood, and I hope I have it til I die, or move to a tiny place where there's not room for such an old monstrosity. I still love that I can do big or little loads, presoak or no, regular or gentle agitation, any temp water. It has all the adjustments I need, and actually more than I use.

That being said, I am green with jealousy at my daughter's new dishwasher. It is the quietest, quickest thing ever. and she can even just wash one shelf, if that's all that needs to be done. ( I love that cause my top shelf always fills up faster than the bottom, with just the two of us that's how it works out.) I especially love the quiet aspect because with open living space, the noise of mine is just too much. Since it just drives me nuts, I usually run it in the middle of the night. Hers is the cats meow!

Last edited by JoyjoyMarie; 06-20-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: correct a word