View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Peckish

Originally Posted by Alice Woodhull View Post
I would warn you not to do anything with the light bulb on the machine. This is malicious, and not fun. The light bulbs nowadays are halogen, and touching them with the hand does something to them.
I'm wondering if you meant LED, I've never seen a machine with a halogen bulb. I could be wrong, though. Halogens will burn out fast if you get oil from your skin on the bulb, the way to solve this is wear rubber gloves while installing the bulb. If you do touch it, wipe the bulb with alcohol on a cotton ball and wait for it do evaporate before turning on the light.

The LED bulbs aren't replaceable. I took one of my machines in for service and asked the tech to change out the bulb, which had become quite dim. He told me they're not replaceable. I guess the manufacturer considers some machines disposable. Engineered obsolescence. Maybe they think when the bulb goes out, you just go buy a new machine.

I thought of a prank we used to do at camp when I was a child. White toothpaste on the toilet seat.