View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 07:20 PM
lalaland

Default The Mother Lode of Fabric

The mother of two boys that graduated from our high school called me and asked if I would like a donation for my sewing class. She said her boys had volunteered to clean out the attic and there was a bunch of fabric up there. I said sure. My chapter of the Am. Sewing Guild has a huge garage sale every Sept. and we sold ALL our fabric last year so I figured what I couldn't use, the guild could use. All the money raised goes for scholarships.

So the first wave came today via one of the boys. I just had to take a picture. Twenty 32 gallon garbage bags of fabric. I went through all of them looking for fabric for my class. Found some fabulous stuff I know the kids will like. There's cottons, flannels, fleece, silks, satins, sateen, knit, home deco, fur, felt, unfinished baby quilt tops, panels, denim, silky polyesters, you name it, it's in there. He told me he could bring 40 more bags tomorrow and probably another 20 on Monday!!!

I'm delivering this shipment to the guild's storage unit tomorrow, then coordinating getting tomorrow's shipment over to the unit this weekend, then hopefully the last shipment on Monday. All the fabric is in great condition too. My personal stash looks so pitiful now.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01527.jpg   dsc01526.jpg