View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 06:18 PM
Alu_Rathbone

Originally Posted by Mrs B View Post
alu, last year we travelled through Europe and Asia. Before I left home I made fabric ID tags from bright Aussie fabric. I sewed a plastic window on the front and put our name and mobile phone number on each one inside the window. We found our lugguge easily at each airport.
Yes you are right Queensland is a tropical state and is warm almost all year round. Cairns especially is hot as it is even further north. But you may still need a lightweight jacket for evenings in Brisbane for a few weeks till the really warm weather kicks in. If you are planning on travelling south while you are here, it doesn't get too warm usually till October.
If you want to come to S.A. we have a spare bed!!!
Hope you have a great time here in Australiaand make lots of friends. My daughter studied in USA and still has good friends there.
I'm hoping to travel a bit! Thank you!

Thank you to all of you who have given ideas! I really like the stenciling idea a lot. I might tie something on my handles or I might just wrap the handles. My program will be giving us bright tags to put on our handles prior to leaving... but even that will be hard to discern!

Mom's teaching me to crochet, so I might take that with me. I'm getting a coloring book, some stain glass sheets taht I can color with a marker and a notebook to write in.