Old 06-26-2012, 04:27 AM
Noiseynana

Originally Posted by rrhaigh View Post
I cut out around 1,500 squares 2.5" to make grandmothers flower garden quilt - I was feeling very ambitious. My mistake, I think, is I used Civil War fabrics in reds, blues, greens, golds, tans, browns and a civil war yellow for the center. I have a creamy/goldish muslin for the paths (not cut out yet). Now I am thinking it will be too dark for a grandmothers flower garden quilt and think I should do something else with all these 2.5" cut out squares.

Any suggestions or pattern ideas to use up the 2.5" squares would be greatly appreciated!!!

Or, if you have seen or made a grandmothers flower garden quilt out of Civil War fabrics, please let me know your opinion on how it looks with that type of fabric. I am worried to put that much work into it and not like it.
Well , I suggest that you check yourself in at the nearest mental health clinic. hehehe I can't imagine cutting out that many tiny squares. But you have my respect. Anyone that would do all that work can't be a bad person. hehehe Hope you know I'm only kiddin.