View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 05:04 PM
AshleyR

Good to know that it takes standard bobbins and needles. I tried 2 different needles, different brands, and they both hit. I made sure the needle is all the way to the little bumper (?) and the groove is to the back. Doesn't want to go in any other way. It is hitting the part that goes around the bobbin case. Timing?

I totally understand what you described for reverse, but it doesn't have a lever. It's all dials. I can't find a pic of one like it online either. Weird.

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
It takes a standard class 15 bobbin and a standard sewing machine needle. If your needle is hitting the hook it could be one of 3 things. 1) The needle isn't inserted completely, 2) the wrong size needle is inserted, or 3) the timing is messed up. I'm hoping it is 1 or 2.

As for the reverse: Does it have a stitch length lever on the front like your 206? If it does, reverse is most likely engaged when you push the lever to the top of the opening. In order to return to your previous stitch lenght there is a knurled nut on the lever. Select your stitch length then tighten the nut. The lever won't go past that setting when you bring the lever back down from reverse. Clear as mud, I know.

Is the needle hitting with the bobbin case removed?