What size needle and Bobbin?

Old 06-27-2012, 04:03 PM

Default What size needle and Bobbin?

I got an Allyn International Necchi - Alco with the serial number A809-1012. I didn't get the chance to test drive it before I brought it home. I put a needle in and it hits the bobbin area. Please tell me that this machine doesn't take a special sized needle too!!

Also, it came with a bobbin, but what size bobbins for it?

And (I think) last question - where is reverse??!

Thanks!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:41 PM

It takes a standard class 15 bobbin and a standard sewing machine needle. If your needle is hitting the hook it could be one of 3 things. 1) The needle isn't inserted completely, 2) the wrong size needle is inserted, or 3) the timing is messed up. I'm hoping it is 1 or 2.

As for the reverse: Does it have a stitch length lever on the front like your 206? If it does, reverse is most likely engaged when you push the lever to the top of the opening. In order to return to your previous stitch lenght there is a knurled nut on the lever. Select your stitch length then tighten the nut. The lever won't go past that setting when you bring the lever back down from reverse. Clear as mud, I know.

Is the needle hitting with the bobbin case removed?

Last edited by Mitch's mom; 06-27-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:04 PM

Good to know that it takes standard bobbins and needles. I tried 2 different needles, different brands, and they both hit. I made sure the needle is all the way to the little bumper (?) and the groove is to the back. Doesn't want to go in any other way. It is hitting the part that goes around the bobbin case. Timing?

I totally understand what you described for reverse, but it doesn't have a lever. It's all dials. I can't find a pic of one like it online either. Weird.

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
It takes a standard class 15 bobbin and a standard sewing machine needle. If your needle is hitting the hook it could be one of 3 things. 1) The needle isn't inserted completely, 2) the wrong size needle is inserted, or 3) the timing is messed up. I'm hoping it is 1 or 2.

As for the reverse: Does it have a stitch length lever on the front like your 206? If it does, reverse is most likely engaged when you push the lever to the top of the opening. In order to return to your previous stitch lenght there is a knurled nut on the lever. Select your stitch length then tighten the nut. The lever won't go past that setting when you bring the lever back down from reverse. Clear as mud, I know.

Is the needle hitting with the bobbin case removed?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 PM

Timing. Sorry. I hope you didn't give much for it ' cause it ain't worth a repair bill. The reverse will probably be a push button in the center of one of the dials.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:17 PM

A lot of the Japanese made machines have a reverse button, but most of them are marked with an R.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:25 PM

I'll get a picture of it tomorrow to post. It's pretty anyway...