View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 06:41 AM
sahm4605

Originally Posted by DonnaR View Post
Not sure I would want to put all that work into it for the baby to spit up on it. I make mine and tell the recipient that it is to be used and not just put away.
I totally disagree with this. I just made three baby quilts for two mommies. One was very simple and the other two were more elaborate(it was for a double baby shower of sisters. I knew one and not the other.) I made them around 40"s so that they can be used till they are 5 years old as snuggle blankets. Its not about the work that goes into the quilt its the thought. and who cares if the baby spits up on it. if you went by babies spitting up on things then they might as well not have anything other than white onesies that can be bleached and have nothing but white sheets because they can be bleached also. (what fun would this be). my friend who i made two baby quilts for she will be using them both and I don't care if they get destroyed. that is the best compliment for a quilter. a quilt used to death. especially the ones that are of heirloom thought and quality. ( I hope that this makes since).