Thread: I Am An Addict
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 07:08 AM
annthreecats

Originally Posted by lsb142 View Post
I am in love with the idea of quilting. I love collecting fabrics, notions, tools, etc. I look at my beautiful fabric all nicely folded on comic book boards and find that I don't want to cut them. I have a dedicated craft room with three machines. I have even bought a quilting machine and a frame. I even have an Accuquilt Go. I probably have 50+ quilting magazines. I buy all the quilting classes on Craftsy and watch them all the way through. I find I understand the techniques and "think" I could compete the quilts they show but I have yet to do that. I have only completed one lap quilt and have another top on my design wall. What is wrong with me? I have the desire and all the tools but I can't make myself complete quilts. I believe it is the perfectionist in me. I'm afraid my quilts won't be "perfect". I think I need an intervention.

Linda
Do you want me to come over and show you how I start a project? hehehe. I go into my space, pull out my bin of fabric, make a mess pulling out all manner of pieces, then I iron and start to cut. Last night I pieced the top of a mug rug, but it was the most fun I had all day (I work full time and I cut the grass after dinner). If I had the energy I would have finished the quilting and the binding. I love turning on my sewing machine and making it hum. Maybe you should start with a small project and use your favorite fabric.