View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Bennett

The only thing that gave me any trouble when taking off the entire "face" part was the flat tensioner. It has a little arm that goes inside the "face" that is held in place by the tension dial, and the rest stays outside. It fell off (eekk moment) when I undid the tension dial and before I realized how it was put together, so I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it back on. Nothing too major if you like to pull things apart and put them back together! While I tend to favor my Singers, White had a pretty neat set up to get to the needle bar, presser bar, and tensioner.

To get it out of the cabinet, there should be a couple of hinges in the back, just like a Singer. However, there's also a button or small lever on the front of the machine bed in front of the pillar. This will disengage it from the cabinet so that you can push it up and back and look at the bottom of the machine. Then you can undo the set screws from the hinges on the bottom back of the machine. (If I remember correctly!) Hope this helps.

Also, notsureif is right in that the hand wheel wasn't made to come off and you'd need a gear puller. Never could figure out why I couldn't just pull it off until I saw the tutorial at Treadle On.