Thread: I Am An Addict
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 03:45 PM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by lsb142 View Post
I really think part of my problem is I do a lot of counted cross stitch. I like it because it is so perfect. I never stray from the pattern. I stitch it just as it is designed with the colors picked by the designer. Quilters have a lot of leeway in picking colors, borders, backing, etc. I lack the confidence in picking light, dark, medium colors. I think the combination of these make the quilt come alive. I think I need the quilt patterns designers tell me exactly what to do. ;-) I hope this picture shows up. It shows part of a lap quilt on the design wall. I picked these colors because I thought they were safe but I'm stuck on the border and backing. I seem to over think the choices.

Linda
My word! That is spectacular! I love it! Think about it this way... practice makes perfect. What I mean by that is that as you make quilts, your color confidence will grow. Until then, use precuts or patterns that have specific colors. It will warm you to venturing out to making your own choices.

I'm a fine one to talk. I, too, have perfectionist tendencies & have to really work hard to overcome them. I find doing things like Jelly Roll Races MAKE me loosen up.