Old 06-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Jim's Gem

Judy, what treasures from your grandmother!!!! The star quilt really looks well loved!!!!! As far as I know I am the first quilter in my family. My Grandmother used to crochet. I have a couple of the afghans that she made for me. They are in the linen closet, I have not used them in years.
The GFG is beautiful. Not sure if there is one of those in my future though. Maybe if it was done in Oriental or Batik fabrics. I am not especially crazy for the 30's fabrics that most use on them.
Just had a package delivered to my door. Thought it was some fabric that I ordered from Hancocks of Paducah but as I brought in back to my sewing room, I realized it was my dog. We had her cremated. I surely did not expect that we would get her back so soon. I put that box down in a hurry and DH gets to handle it. We have 2 other dogs in our closet. When we lose Nali, we will have her cremated and spread all 4 dogs ashes on our land in Colorado. Whenever we make it out there again........
Been having a hard time sleeping without taking ambien, keep thinking about poor Kea. I guess I will again tonight seeing that she just came back. Nali is following me all over the house. She does not like us out of her sight (which is very poor) She has forgotten half of the rules of the house such as being invited in our out the door. Part of the problem since she is mostly deaf she would watch Kea and do follow her in our out of the door. Now she just goes as she pleases.
I am down a couple of pounds since the first of the month. Will weigh in Saturday morning but probably won't be able to post until that night or Sunday as we are taking off first thing in the morning for the day. Hmmmmmm maybe I should ask my oldest if Nali can spend the day with them. I don't want to leave her all alone all day in the back yard.
I took a "Pineapple" class on Tuesday night. I have been working on my blocks. So far they are 8 1/2 and I have several more rounds to do. These may end up at about 15 inches or so. I have 20 of them. I should set them aside and finish up some other projects that have been waiting for finishing. So many projects..........

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!