Old 06-28-2012, 09:38 PM
irishrose

Gayle, I thought of you tonight. I was coming home from walking and noticed new neighbors with a pair of pups. A German Shepherd digging a huge hole and a gorgeous little Siberian watching him. She was black and silver with a very pronounced mask. She could have a little Mia. Mia's wolf blood wasn't obvious when she was very young. I immediately teared up and it'll be 7 years next month. Yours has been so recent. The special ones leave such holes in our hearts. I don't have ashes, just the hearts with names engraved on them. I made Mia a photo album which was very comforting.

My mother sewed, but she did not quilt - maybe if she'd lived longer. I didn't start until very recently. Grandma supported herself by quilting after my grandfather died - her SS was $40. Her quilts commanded a high price, thank goodness. My aunts saw to that. Totally hand made though she had a gorgeous Singer 201. When I was 11, we made our annual trip to Iowa to visit. Before we left, we went to Souix City and purchased material for two dresses for. A year later we returned and there was that material still in a paper bag, but several quilts done. I asked her if I could make the dresses and I did. In view of the fact I couldn't sew and was 12, they turned out very well.