Old 06-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Quilter 65

Default Disaster strikes my Elna in the form of the seamstress.

I have a 43-year old Elna which is wonderful and sews so beautifully until last night. I was hurrying to finish a 4th of July table topper to gift a couple today, when my focus wandered and I got my spatula that I was using to hold the ditches in line for quilting under the needle and the needle struck the spatula. Well, it won't sew anything now. I don't know if I bent a shaft or threw it out of time. I am just sick as I have a quilt top nearly finished, several waiting and now my machine is on the fritz thanks to my carelessness. It literally has never been in the shop for repairs. Just an occasional cleaning and I have worn out three feet.
Plus this machine has been so faithful and I have injured her! Just makes me sick and I am wondering how stiff the repair bill will be!! Or if it can be repaired???? In the meantime, I have withdrawal because I can't sew. Have a manual in the basement that I have never used but may try to fire it up and see what happens. Did anyone else ever do such a careless trick?