View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:53 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Default Jones Hand Machine

Decided to finally start posting some of my vintage collection. This is a Jones Hand Machine, as it says on the machine itself. I cleaned the surface with sewing machine oil and was dismayed to see gold flecks come off when I was lightly wiping the oil off. I am sorta afraid to touch it.

Though I haven't located the serial number I believe this to be about a 1891 version since it has the brass badge stamped 'As supplied to H.R.H. The Princess of Wales'. It seems to be very sturdy and my grandkids love to turn its handle. I don't know what type of needles it takes nor have I sewn on it yet. I love it style.

Photos #6 & #7 show the take lever for the presser foot. It works really well.
Attached Thumbnails vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-002.jpg   vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-003.jpg   vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-004.jpg   vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-006.jpg   vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-007.jpg  

vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-008.jpg   vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-010.jpg   vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-011.jpg   vintage-jones-handcrank-sewing-machine-013.jpg  

Last edited by SewExtremeSeams; 07-03-2012 at 08:56 AM.