Thread: what is this?
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 05:09 AM
mawluv

I have a 237, her name is "Mabel", she is a wonderful machine, makes beautiful stitches and purrs like a kitten! Never gives me any trouble, she is such a joy, always smiling at me when I go to my sewing room. She comes with a story. I paid $2.50 for her back in the early 90's. That was when you couldn't hardly give these machines away, actually she was givin to me. A man was asking $5.00 for two old machines at a yardsale, he was loading all the unsold junk to go to the dump. He insisted that I take the machines, then I forced him to take the $5.00. Since then I have divorced, remarried, moved at least ten times, all the while dragging these two machines with me as I go, sometimes cussing as I did so! All of these years I had never even taken the top covers off of these machines. Then about 4 years ago, I needed a motor for my serger. I took the cover from Mabel and it was love at first sight! I never did anything just put a piece of fabric under her to see if she would sew and she's been sewing ever since. Your 237 is truly worth saving and will make you a great backup machine.