View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 12:44 PM
CAS49OR

Default Does anyone have a "squeaky" Janome?

My Janome (Memory Craft 5700) has the most irritating squeak, that is almost constant when I'm doing fancy stitches, the ones that cause the tension arm to move. It gives me a headache and ruins my sewing experience.

We already checked the belts and they are like new. Hubby took them off and to the sewing machine store and the tech agreed they were fine.

We thought maybe it was the plastic cog that turns back and forth on the tension arm since the noise seems to originate from the top middle of the machine, he put more of the friction grease on there (the same as was on it orignally) and that did not fix it.

Does anyone have other ideas?

It is a 10 year old machine but was new in a sealed box when I bought it, and I've only been sewing sporadically for about 2 years, so I don't think any major part could be worn out yet.

I've searched online and youtube for info about the machine, and this issue, but it's slim pickings.

I've searched the Janome web site also, again, slim pickings. I wish I could at least find a breakdown of the interior of the machine.