View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Originally Posted by saravincent
My hair grows like weeds. Last time I it was long I donated 15" to Locks for Love, where they make wigs for children with cancer. There is some little "mini-me" running around. I wash every other day, and just water in the meantime for styling. I'm blessed with curly hair, so it isn't much work. I agree that keeping it in a braid keeps the ends from splitting. It's down past my shoulders again from having it cut, in only about 18 months. The photo of your hair is beautiful!

I've always wanted to donate my hair, but in Quebec, they won't take it unless it's at least 12" of cut hair. Even when my hair is really long, cutting 12" off would leave me with really short hair, and I do not look good with short hair, at all. It's thick and tends to want to curl up more if it's short, so it looks like I have a bushy triangle on my head. No thanks!!
The way I see it, they should be happy with any amount of hair to make wigs for people who have none... I mean anything over 6" should be workable... I cut off 7" about 3 months ago.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-9589.jpe   attachment-9624.jpe