View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:12 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

you dont say why you are having a problem quilting it??? so knowing if a floor frame would help is hard to tell---some people prefer hoop quilting- others prefer a frame-many large large quilts have been quilted with a hoop-
are you new to hand quilting? maybe you just haven't quite got the hang of it yet?it takes some time & practice...before spending money on a frame which may not make it easier for you maybe you could try one out somewhere? or borrow one from someone? see if you like that way better??? i spent a couple hundred $$ on a floor frame a number of years ago- set it up & loaded a quilt- many of us worked off & on on that quilt for months- then we found the frame being used much more often as a (hanger/holder) to drape fabrics over- --- a catch all---i finally sold it- found a hoop much easier- it was portable & quilts actually got quilted==
i do know many people who have the space & always have a large frame set up- sit in front of it & work at it alot- it just was impractical in my world-
did you baste it well??? basting is an important step to hand quilting.