View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I have so many lights in my sewing room that the heat in unbearable. I have central air and have a fan right behind the vent so it blows the air towards me in my sewing room, but with my hot flashes, I can't stay in my sewing room but 15 minutes at a time. I have to shut all the lights off and leave for about 45 minutes for it to cool off enough to come back in and then it heats back up again and I have to leave after 15 minutes again. I try to only use the lights I need in the area I'm working at the time, but I still get overheated. I can't afford those really expensive lights that are cool, unfortunately. Any suggestions?
You must have that room lit up like the surface of the sun for it to get that hot that fast!!

For general room lighting I have 1 75 watt bulb in a floor lamp. I have task lighting over my cutting table, on my sewing desk and I even have a clip light on my fabric shelves. All of those lights are daylight fluorescents so they don't heat the room up. Plus it saves a lot of electricity not to have every light on all the time. I only turn them on when I need them on.