View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 10:22 PM
xxxxxxxxxx

Default Do SM's call you from away Places ?

I hope not , More , So I hope I wasn't >>> Jones'n for a SM fix AGain.

So, Today turns out hust like the last time I left Home.....This is not good ..

Welp, Honest to god, today I took off with intentions, of getting sand paper and paint , For a treadle SM.....

and since I'm going to town lets hit the junk store >>> They never have sm's in there <<<

weeell today they had <<<<<<one,, and it's was an employeee that got the manager to come and drop the price. 15$ ,,,it's a singer 750, yes I screwed up one rubber pad on the feet .. The machine has not been used,,, no dust, any type of oild drip stain , not even dust inside the cabinet , BUT the cabinet it's the early 80 's ????

so far it sew's very nice ....

A month for so age, a little ol lady told me about a old comercail SM she has. I called found out it's a singer 61w156
. But I found the 16 - 188 .

Thats why I'm very worried about this jones'n ,,, The last two days, - Ha _ all week, I hear a 61w calling me, I called, ask if it was ok, and did stop. Ha Ha, this machine is as nice as any home machine. It shines like almost new inside and out ...

I would like to find more on this machine, like age.

These people have had it for 30 yrs, a time beofe computers, look at the tags, he found. one it . National Park Service,,, The other W. P.A , He said during the 20's 30's ??? 40's ??

It's was worker's >>> something , something like the C.C.C..in the late 30's and 40's..

he know's it came from the smoke jumping school in canada..

The stand is metal and looks like a treadle, but I don't see a mount for a flywheel...

The lady wanted to just give it to me,, I gave Him $50. There both in there 80's and have a fancy SM.

and wanted it to have a good home....I could tell he's the one that cared for it all those yrs..and he used it

This 61w has a 10" x 6" hole and the 16 - 188's hole is 11" x 6"

singer 750

singer 61w156 .

Tags on the 61w. usnps is gluded on ? The WPA is brass with brass reviets , Singer S/N is W830426

all I find is that W started in 1911 ..The styling of the machine looks more like early 40's ?

mistake photo

real photo .. Just so you see the two big industrails this is the 16 - 188...

Honest I am NOT buying another sewing machine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unlessssssssssssss

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 07-07-2012 at 10:38 PM.