Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Do  SM's call you from away Places ? >

Do SM's call you from away Places ?

Do SM's call you from away Places ?

Old 07-07-2012, 10:22 PM

Default Do SM's call you from away Places ?

I hope not , More , So I hope I wasn't >>> Jones'n for a SM fix AGain.

So, Today turns out hust like the last time I left Home.....This is not good ..

Welp, Honest to god, today I took off with intentions, of getting sand paper and paint , For a treadle SM.....

and since I'm going to town lets hit the junk store >>> They never have sm's in there <<<

weeell today they had <<<<<<one,, and it's was an employeee that got the manager to come and drop the price. 15$ ,,,it's a singer 750, yes I screwed up one rubber pad on the feet .. The machine has not been used,,, no dust, any type of oild drip stain , not even dust inside the cabinet , BUT the cabinet it's the early 80 's ????

so far it sew's very nice ....

A month for so age, a little ol lady told me about a old comercail SM she has. I called found out it's a singer 61w156
. But I found the 16 - 188 .

Thats why I'm very worried about this jones'n ,,, The last two days, - Ha _ all week, I hear a 61w calling me, I called, ask if it was ok, and did stop. Ha Ha, this machine is as nice as any home machine. It shines like almost new inside and out ...

I would like to find more on this machine, like age.

These people have had it for 30 yrs, a time beofe computers, look at the tags, he found. one it . National Park Service,,, The other W. P.A , He said during the 20's 30's ??? 40's ??

It's was worker's >>> something , something like the C.C.C..in the late 30's and 40's..

he know's it came from the smoke jumping school in canada..

The stand is metal and looks like a treadle, but I don't see a mount for a flywheel...

The lady wanted to just give it to me,, I gave Him $50. There both in there 80's and have a fancy SM.

and wanted it to have a good home....I could tell he's the one that cared for it all those yrs..and he used it

This 61w has a 10" x 6" hole and the 16 - 188's hole is 11" x 6"

singer 750

singer 61w156 .

Tags on the 61w. usnps is gluded on ? The WPA is brass with brass reviets , Singer S/N is W830426

all I find is that W started in 1911 ..The styling of the machine looks more like early 40's ?

mistake photo

real photo .. Just so you see the two big industrails this is the 16 - 188...

Honest I am NOT buying another sewing machine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> unlessssssssssssss

Last edited by xxxxxxxxxx; 07-07-2012 at 10:38 PM.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:42 AM

We all need to save as many as we can before it's to late. LOL The DH said he would take me thrift store shopping next Sat. I have been saving mad money. Oh boy, Oh boy.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Great looking machines!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:26 AM
FLQ

I'd love to see what you find in Central FL. I passed up a pink Brother circa '50's last year and I've regretted it ever since. I thought the thrift store wanted too much..and they wouldn't't come down. Later found the price was fair. Oh well. After that I searched the GW and thrift stores but never found another. I'll bet you'll find something good.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:18 PM

Oh I would love that big old singer for my collection and would not let it go by as well. DH would probably say get it and bring it home, he is starting to get the fever as well... COngrats!