View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 04:11 AM
romanojg

I like the quilting because I love chosing different fabrics and desiding what colors go with what. Some times this process takes me longer than making the block does. I have done a few civil war BOM but after the first few months I rarely used the fabrics they gave me. I started going out and getting more; most FQ. I have quite a collection and with what I get from the BOM I have alot to chose from. As a matter of fact my last BOM for the whole yr I used at least 99% of the quilt came from scraps from other BOM.

I'm just getting into the quilting part. I have done the basics, tieing, SITD and cross hatch so I took a class for FMQ in NC and really liked it and was told I was good at it. I can't afford to send my quilts out so I needed to learn to do this and I felt so good after this class because it is something that I now know I can do. I was afraid I wouldn't be any good at it after reading how many people struggled with it and hated it. So I'm hoping I like it as well as the piecing. Now my next biggest hurdle is trying to decide what design to put on each quilt. One more thing to learn. Oh my.