View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 AM
carolaug

I love making quilts and spend alot on the materials and make for family and friends. No one has a clue how much I spend and that is fine...my two boys have one that I made. I used their pets as the theme. 12.00 a yard for the fabric. This was before I learned how to shop smart and also prior to having a stash. Since the theme was dogs..guess who uses the quilt...LOL...that is fine, I will say that at first I was very upset. But my husband said its because of the fabric I choose, at least they are on their couch. Both boys are always asking me to make them a quilt...when I said I did they said oh that is Layla's or Roxies...well I guess its loved. As for donating to org. I have been asked many times and have not..its cheaper to donate money. I have been asked again from a close friend for her Avon walk. I may make a string scrappy baby blanket - but never bigger that that. Sorta afraid if I start that everyone will want me to donate..I still have a lot of quilts to make for family members.

Last edited by carolaug; 07-10-2012 at 03:10 AM.