View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:32 AM
May in Jersey

Had 2 different experiences with fund raising quilts. Made a twin size quilt for auction at DIL's school for autistic children and bidding was going great but stopped when the director's disabled DD put in a bid as everyone wanted her to win it. It didn't bring in as much as expected but the money went to the school and the director's DD was happy with her quilt.

Friend knew I made quilts for a veteran's group home so she made one for me from her leftovers and gave it to me at a retreat. it really was a great looking quilt. When I got home I heard about a fund raiser for my cousin's grandson and donated the quilt. Don't know how much it brought it but whatever it was it was for a good cause, friend and I felt good about helping out and the young gal who won it was thrilled with it.

I like making quilt tops and usually donate them to groups to finish and whatever they do with them, raffle, auction or give to others is fine with me. I'm using up my stash and helping others and that's my aim.