Old 07-12-2012, 01:02 PM
burchquilts

Several things. I have degenerative bone disease & also fibromyalgia so the past couple of years have been minus quilting of any kind. But I missed it so bad that now I'm easing back into it. It's hard because in the past, I was a going Jesse (as my Mother used to say) & could whip quilts out by the dozens (I donated one a month to both QOV & Project Linus in addition to the ones I made for my personal/gift use). Now it takes me forever because I have to take so many breaks (I just finished my first Jelly Roll Race). And getting good with that has been hard. That's not how I see myself, as sick, as disabled. But, related to that, I'm also being drawn more to quicker quilts & precuts (tho I have enough fabric in my stash to fill a fabric store easily). I also joined the board & that has been wonderful. I feel like I'm in a big group of friends & that's good. I get so many good ideas. I've also started buying more fabric than I have in the last couple of years. So, I guess the bottom line is, I'm back doing the thing I love to do the most (well, pretty close to the most).