View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 03:32 PM
SouthPStitches

Default Not a pretty picture

How many of you have every used self-tanners? Even one person successful? Over the years I've tried just about everything made only to be an orange, streaky mess. Fast forward 5+ years. Heard about a new L'Oreal Bronzer that you can see the immediate tint so that you know where you're going and where you've been. Last night I showered, shaved and exfoliated. I used it on my arms and my legs. Smelled pretty good and looked even. I was pleased to finally have a little color on this lily white skin. Got up this a.m. and OMG!! It morphed into carrot orange and streaks all over. Plus, I smelled like a stinky dog.

Too hot to even think about trying to remove any of this during the day. Went downtown early p.m. for errands and had to wear a long sleeved shirt, jeans and socks.....it was only 90. Needed to conceal my creeping orange crude. So I'm on my way upstairs to try to soak, then see how much I can rub off.

Think I've finally learned my lesson. There is something in my body chemistry that turns all of these products into pumpkin orange. Faux tan faux pas for sure. Oh I'll have color tonight, bright red as I'll be missing the first layer of my skin. Supposed to go to a family thing by a lake on Sunday. I'm hoping I'm back to normal or it rains. Geeze......