View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Ramona Byrd

[QUOTE=KarenSimon;5357926]I find it easier to surf the Internet in the middle of the night because the web is usually faster. I got started looking for Adoption Records tonight and need some input of who can request these records.
------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also looking for old records, death records. In 1952, on his 50th birthday, my father walked out on Mom and 7 children, the youngest 18 months!!! He took all the pictures of him...so no pics to give to cops. We had lost track of his side of the family years before, but last month I got in touch with 3 cousins. They said Dad's sister told them in LATE 1952 that Dad was back in Yuma, AZ. She "Found" us in 1972 and visited but never told her own son or brothers.
Leslie George Byrd...all we want is where he is buried. We admit that we probably have half siblings but don't want to
bother them, we have some here we suspect are kin. Duplicates of 3 of us, found by family. Right ages too!!

Some states seem to guard such records like they were state secrets, others cheerfully open all their records to all.
And I'm still discovering masses of stuff about my Dad's family, I like what I've found. Good, solid citizens, military
or police, or military then police, almost all the Byrds/Birds seem to carry badges. Irish and German, that's Dad's side, which I did not know.

Sorry, just got carried away with researching online. You might try different states around CO, people do tend to
move around quickly. And sometimes they move not very far away at all. I've read of father and son both going to
work at the same place and finding out later they were kin!!!!