Thread: Drinks
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 AM
romanojg

I used to drink lots of diet Dr Pepper. Then in 2008 I was yet again rushed to the ER because I was in severe pain all over. And yet again, all the test showed nothing was wrong. The shot me up with lots of pain killers and sent me home. The pain was so bad no one could even touch me. It took me again almost two weeks to get my strength back up to go back to work. Then my DDIL sent me an email about aspartame poisening and I had so many of the symtons so I ordered the book; Sweet Poisen. I'm a hard sell on things but I had no doubt after reading that book that's what I had. I went off everything that has aspartame in it and I've never had another episode since then. It's hard to keep away from aspartame since it's in things you don't even know about; flavored Blistix, flavored Alka-Seltzer, etc. Things that don't even say they are low in sugar. I checked everything.

Now, my beverage of choice is unsweet Ice tea, I never did like sweet tea and ice water w/lemon. When I want a soda it is Dr Pepper and I go for the regular, not the diet. The good thing about drinking mostly ice water and unsweet tea besides it being better for you is that my grand kids love to drink what I drink so I feel good when I can let them do it. I don't let them have my Dr. P, too much sugar for them. For hot drinks, I like coffee, different teas with Earl Gray and Jasmine being my favorites.