View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Deborahlees

Don't give up.....sewing/quilting/piecing is a HUGE learning curve....you are just at the beginning...I have been sewing for 60 years, quilting/piecing for 40 years....and I still will look at some thing I made 20 years ago, 10 years ago, last year and last week and be amazed at how far I have come....everyday I try to learn something new, try something new....My goal this year has been to try a new quilt pattern every month, so far so good, and with every new pattern I learn something new, I get better with a technique, I learn to do something a different way.....I especially enjoy watching, the PBS quilt shows. Quilt in a day, Eleandor Burns, Fons and Porter, even Sewing with Nancy all have something to share....How to pin, how to sew triangles, the uses of spray starch, with kinds of thread....
My best advise is not to give up....keep at it....walk away when you get frustrated, time for a glass of wine....
Don't worry so much about ripping things out....just move on or do another one....
But keep on plugging along