Old 07-16-2012, 08:01 AM
jetmaio

Default King Size Quilt Ready for Quilting (& questions)

Last year someone posted a quilt that I completely fell in love with. I printed out pictures and recreated it in EQ7. I would love to thank the original quilter and give her complete credit where due (Please speak up).

Now as I prepare myself for quilting on my Innova I have questions. I have spent a long time looking at finished quilts (i.e. Charisma's) and I notice that there are many different battings mentioned. I especially am curious as to how you decide to use 2 battings and how you keep them from wrinkling underneath. I do see that with 2 battings the quilting is much more pronounced. Do you float this type of quilt or are you using all the bars? This is a king size quilt I plan to use on my bed, does this change the batting decision? I currently own some wool batting, cotton batting and Hobbs polydown, decisions, decisions. I never realized how expensive the batting can become.

P.S. My cats just love the new quilt. I tried to fix the red eye on one of them, therefore the weird eyes.
Attached Thumbnails 3-cats-my-quilt-pse.jpg