View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Pollytink

Unhappy blocks not the same size, what to do?

Originally Posted by mommabear62 View Post
I am doing a block of the month club. Blocks of course are to be 12 1/2 finished. I am on the fourth block and just finished it. Cut everything correct but there are so many seams in this block that obviously my 1/4 seams are off. My block is measuring 12 inches or close to 12 1/8 to 12 1/4. I really do not want to make a new block, this was a difficult one. Is this going to work out OK in the end? I am a novice quilter and need your advice. Thanks everyone.
Oh Boy! Do I know how you feel!! I was trying to take part in a block swap on one of my sm lists and it was a Disappearing 9 patch block, using Civil War repros. And it HAD to be the right size because it would be put together with other people's blocks. Try as I could I could NOT get it right....it would end up 1/4" or more off. I finally gave up but I loved the block I'd made so kept it and decided I'd just make enough blocks for my own little quilt! I also got a couple of things online that are supposed to help make SCANT 1/4" seams.....but haven't tried them yet. That was the last swap I tried on that list. I'd done other swaps earlier but they were simpler blocks and didn't have so many seams.