View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 10:50 AM
burchquilts

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
Some of those Bali Pops are living at my house already! They're just as lovely in person as I hoped they'd be. If I wasn't already a foot in the door of the quilter's poorhouse there'd be a lot more of them here!

I get boxes alllll the time. Fabric.com, red rock threads, joann's, Beverly's, connecting threads... lots of online fabric/quilting places have been helping me spend my paycheck lately! I just got my latest statements though and the quilter's poorhouse thing is looking a little bit less like a joke! I think I need to spend more time sewing and less time shopping! BUT all that shopping means I have everything I need for the next 4 quilts on my "to make before Christmas" list, so I have plenty to keep me busy!
Can I come to your house & just drool over those pops? They're still beckoning to me... just like the sirens on the rocks... LOL! I've never ordered from Beverly's before. Have you been pleased with their service?

My shirtings grab bags came from Whittles. I ordered 2 so I got 20 different Civil War FQ's! I love them, tho I wouldn't call all of them "shirtings" per se. To me, a shirting is a white/cream background with some little sqiggles or a thin stripe or something on it. Some of these are more what I would term "lights" but they're perfect for what I want them for & the quality & variety is fabulous so I see more in my future! I think I'll wait a little bit, tho --- let my Visa cool off a bit (LOL!) & wait for them to scroll thru the batch the have cugt now so I'll get different ones next time.