View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 05:43 PM
rushdoggie

Originally Posted by Aunt Janey View Post
Did you have a pattern for the playhouse or is it your own design? Love the dino quilt.
I didn't have a pattern, theres some tutes on the internet and someone out there sells a pattern, but I just kind of designed it and did it myself. Basically just measure the top and sides, cut your sides a little bigger than the size you need, decide what you want to use as a decoration, sew those on, then pin it together around your table, sew up the sides, and then pin a top and sew it on too. I learned the more you applique on the more the stitches pull on the felt and shrink it some. I made some of the flowers and stuff and carefully hand appliqued them on. I also learned that its almost impossible to sew felt thats been painted on. I painted on the chimney bricks and had a terrible time sewing the chimney and fireplace on...broke 2 needles and it really distorted.

But the kids really seemed to like it so its all worth it.

Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
Wow, this is awesome! You need to find a market for these card table covers and sell them! Very cute...she looks like she's right at home in there!
I would have to charge 5 million dollars per for them to make it worth all the hassle!